Earlier today, Samsung delayed shipments
of its Galaxy Note 7
, allegedly due to (unconfirmed) reports that the phone had been exploding when charging. One of the instances was possibly due to charging the device with a cheap USB-C cable, which can wreck havoc on your electronics.
All that fire and light and melted plastic got me thirsty for more tales of magnificent destruction. I, sadly, have none of my own. Unless you count me melting obsolete tech in college to make a beautiful piece of art for my sophomore year sculpture class. But for real, let’s get interesting. Tell us your most explosive tales of tech gone awry. Did things innocently malfunction or was it all your fault? Or perhaps you did it for sport?
Spare no details in the comments.